This mint smoothie is über luxurious and pretty surprising. Because I added raw-cocoa powder to the mix I thought it would be really cosy and comforting – needing a good ol’ grating of nutmeg on top. However that was not the case. It’s really refreshing, thanks to the mass of fresh black peppermint I bung in. I am very lucky to have a thriving pot of black peppermint on my patio. If you use other mint you will need double the amount than I bung in, as the black peppermint is VERY strongly minty!
It’s awesome as it tastes naughty but makes your body feel really nice! Like you are feeding it something truly delicious and nutritious. I am taking advantage of Aars being away and added actimel to the mix – you can use live yogurt for the same good probiotics. If you are dairy-free, use your fave milk for smoothies. I’ve made it twice this summer already and it’s just as yummy dairy-free.
Mental Black Peppermint Smoothie! – Ingredients
banana, avocado, raw cocoa powder, blueberries, ice, vanilla actimel, black peppermint
Mental Black Peppermint Smoothie! – Process (makes 1½ pints so you can share the goodness)
- Into your liquidiser bung:
- 1 BIG banana broken up (or 2 small ones)
- ½ a big avocado (or 1 small one)
- 2 Tbs raw cocoa powder
- handful of blueberries (I keep mine in the freezer)
- Big handful of ice
- 4 vanilla acitmel or 400 ml live yoghurt or milk alternative of your choice
- Blitz thoroughly until it is a thick smooth consistency
- Now add a HUGE handful of black peppermint
- Whizz up and serve
Enjoy sharing this treat of a drink with your children and friends 🙂