This is a very refreshing Egyptian juice made with limes, prefect for a sunny summery sunday 🙂 I use Waitrose limes which are organic and unwaxed as you put whole limes, skin and all into the liquidiser to make this delicious tangy juice. In terms of quantity I use one lime per person.
Lemoone! – Ingredients
fresh limes, caster sugar, water, ice
Lemoone! – Process (serves 4)
- Prep your 4 limes by removing the ends and chopping into quarters.
- Into your liquidiser add:
- 4 chopped limes
- 4 Tbs (flat) caster sugar
- 4 C ice
- 500 ml water
- Blitz the lot for about 3 minutes
- Place a fine sieve over a wide jug
- Pour the mix carefully into the sieve
- When all the liquid is drained spoon the mix back into the liquidiser
- 500 ml cold water
- Blitz again
- Pour the mix into the sieve and allow the liquid to drain into the jug
- Press the lime into the sieve so all the liquid goes into your jug.
- The juice should be smooth and frothy
- You may want to return the lime to the liquidiser and add about 100 ml of water if you think there is more flavour to get out
- Serve in glasses over ice