We love lazy sharing brunches in the Christmas holidays with friends and families, one of our faves is vegan gluten-free granola with Xmas spice. It’s great for a few reasons
1)You can get it ready now, before the mad Christmas rush kicks in, it stays lovely and crunchy in an air-tight container.
2) You can tailor it to your families dietary needs – it’s totally allergen free unless you choose to add tree-nuts or sesame seeds if they are safe for your family.
3) You can tailor it to your families preferences, for example we hate dried fruit in granola – why oh why do they add that to the mix? So we miss it out of ours. You can add as much dried fruit to yours as you fancy – the recipe tells you when to do it. You choose which Christmas spices, seeds, flaked grains, gluten-free flours you want to use… the variations are endless.
4) It smells delicious as you bake it and fills your home with yummy aroma.
5) There’s something very gratifying about pouring your cooled crunchy granola into your kilnar jar – I made a little video of it you can see here!
6) It’s really easy to make but people are impressed you made it yourself – if you get a kick out of that kinda thing!
I hope that you are feeling inspired to give home-made vegan gluten-free granola with Xmas spice a go! I am not sure that our latest batch is gonna last until Christmas Day it’s so yummy.
This was scheduled to be posted on Wednesday but somehow “missed schedule” so you are getting it today instead – post our rubbish hospital appointment… this cheery post was written earlier in the week!
I will be back with more Xmas recipes – focussing on them and feeding up my son will bring us some much needed seasonal good cheer after our shocker of a day at hospital yesterday.