We did it! The NUTS 7K obstacle challenge has been and gone and we completed it! It took us 3 hours and 7 minutes, we’ve raised £1290 for the Anaphylaxis Campaign so far and had a lot of laughs along the way. A good brekkie was essential so I made these energy packed, spiced free-from pancakes. They were delicious and kept us going along the crazy, mud filled challenge.
They are of course egg-free, dairy-free, soya-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free and can be nut-free if your use a different milk alternative. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Let me know how you like yours. I loved them with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top.
Pre-NUTS Spiced Pancakes – Ingredients
bananas, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, apple puree, milk alternative, oil, gluten-free oats, gluten-free self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda
Pre-NUTS Spiced Pancakes – Process (makes about 20)
- In your mixing bowl add:
- 2 mashed up bananas
- 1 Tbs ground ginger
- 1 Tbs ground cinnamon
- ¼ C apple puree
- 2 C milk alternative (I used almond milk)
- ½ oil (I used organic sunflower oil)
- 1½ C gluten-free oats
- 1½ C gluten-free self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Mix it all up
- Get your stone pan/griddle on a wide low flame
- When it’s hot melt some sunflower spread on it
- Drop spoonfuls of your batter onto the hot pan (smaller ones are easier to flip!)
- When the sides of the pancakes start to change colour its time to flip them over
- The second side takes less time than the first
- Stack them up and gobble them down with your favourite toppings
They also taste great cold; if you have any excess mix make them up and then store these gorgeous little free-from pancakes in the fridge.