These little treats are super easy to make, the whole process takes about 12 minutes from fridge to face! Pre-rolled puff pastry is a wonderful, labour saving fridge staple during the holiday season; enabling sweet and savoury treats to be whizzed out at a moments notice.
Cheeky Cheese Puffs – Ingredients
Pre-rolled puff pastry (I use Jus Roll as it’s dairy-free and soya-free), olive oil, black pepper, cheese alternative (we use organic amisa vegana – a dairy-free and soya-free one)
Cheeky Cheese Puffs – Process
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Prepare a baking tray with some baking paper
- Cut a rectangle of pastry (only prepare what you are going to eat)
- Onto the rectangle of pastry add:
- sprinkling of cheese alternative
- drizzles of olive oil
- grind of fresh black pepper
- Cut into strips about 4cm wide
- Fold the strips lengthways down the middle
- Pinch the edges together
- Chop into cheeky cheese puff sizes
- Pop on the baking tray and into the oven
- They take about 10 minutes to cook
- Get them out and chomp away!
This post is part of #aveganholiday – a collaboration among vegan and veg-friendly bloggers. Follow along on social media with #AVeganHoliday. Want to learn more or become a contributor? Find out more here or here.