Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:20 mins
These are a twist on our very yummy and oft requested apple and oat scotch pancakes. They are a bit more healthy for you as there is no oil in the mix at all. They do however contain nuts which are a great source of healthy fats for Aars. I pocket them with cinnamon and sugar in the centre of the hugely fat puffed up little pancakes!
- 1 C gluten-free oats (we use Nairns)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbs golden granulated sugar
- 1 C gluten-free self-raising flour (we use Doves)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 C m!lk alternative (we used rude health organic almond m!lk)
- 1 C apple puree baklava mix
- 2 Tbsp roast chopped hazelnuts*
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
In a mixing bowl combine all the pancake ingredients with a spoon, (it will look lumpy!)
In a new small bowl create your baklava nut mix.
Get your griddle, or stone pan on a low flame (they cook best slowly). Once it’s hot melt some spread in it, use a tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan (to create little pancakes) & sprinkle some of your baklava mix on top, cover the baklava mix with a little more pancake mix. When the batter starts to change colour up the sides flip the pancakes. The second side cooks in about half the time of the first.
Get off the heat and onto a lucky bods waiting plate!
*If you're allergic to hazelnuts, please use whatever alternative is safe for you.